A couple I have already posted on the fb page, so for the 2 people that read those, excuse me for repeating myself :)
- I can do "survival sewing" ~ meaning I can mend holes, buttons, add patches, and hem something with a needle and thread if I absolutely have to. BUT I find using hemming tape is an easy and cheap alternative to getting pants hemmed. Especially if you're a shrimp like me and have to hem many pairs! Here's what it looks like, found almost anywhere like RiteAid, Walgreens, Joann's, Amazon, etc...instructions on the package.
- Do you by chance have a wood shower rod? Wood closet rods? Take a little olive oil on a rag or paper towel and rub it into the pole once a month, your curtain and hangers will glide like butter, with less cholesterol!
- Got candle wax on your fav table cloth or clothing? Pick off the big chunks then iron (high heat) with wax paper in between the cloth and the iron, you will be ironing the wax paper itself, and voila! The wax paper will suck up the candle wax via the heat of the iron.
- Got wax or some mysterious crust on your nice antique (or contemporary) furniture? Take a plastic credit card or some card you don't care about (Ralph's Rewards, PetCo Rewards) and use it to scrape off the offending stuff. Plastic won't scratch the surface.
- Got a small closet STUFFED with clothes on thick plastic hangers that are all askew? Amazon sells thin, thin "no-slip" hangers that will give you much more space on the rod and ease in getting clothes in and out of the bounty that is your wardrobe. Photo below, roughly $26 for 50 hangers!
- Always loosing your keys....on a permanent basis? And you have important keys like office keys or your boss's new Mercedes key on there? Go to PetCo or PetSmart and have a small pet tag engraved in their automated machine, stating "If Found, Please Call xxx-xxx-xxxx" and put it on your keyring ~ Then pray a nice person finds them next time :)
- LADIES: use an upright Cigar Box on the back of the toilet (or the side, on the floor) for tampons. Or use a regular flat box, if there is room on the back of the toilet. You can go to any smokeshop and buy an empty one ($3-$5) or coax it out of the person behind the counter. It will look cool and hide the goods perfectly~