Saturday, October 2, 2010

Tip-O-The-Day: Needed, Skinny End Table!

Hello Guys!
I had the GREAT fortune to be lent a futon sofa for my tiny studio from the lovely Amanda - Thanks Mandy!!

A sofa is something I haven't had in years. Oh, I've had a cushy chair or two, (I'm not living like an animal!) but haven't had the luxury of sprawling out on a sofa or sitting face to face next to someone for a simple conversation (at my place) in years. The sad truth when you've chosen an artistic life.

Anywho, no more "poor me" crap because now I have a lovely, cushy futon sofa! So, because of my limited space, I needed a tall and skinny side table for my little reading lamp, but the side space is super limited because it would sit next to my bathroom entrance and if the table was even an inch too wide, I'd whack it with my 40 inch hips every time I went into the bathroom. Since going to one of the fabulous furniture stores around here is not in my budget, and the specs are so specific, I was determined to just look around for something to inspire or just employ. I didn't have to go far, I found it in my yard:

A simple plant stand. I added my 2 favorite toast plates I found at Ross a few years ago for $1.99 each and, voila! A two-tiered side table, just big enough for the reading lamp and just small enough so that my hips and the table will be safe and bruise free.

Just a little idea I wanted to share.

Thanks for reading!

xo ruby

No comments:

Post a Comment